Siena (Artuso) Conde is an occupational therapist with experience from infancy to end of life, within outpatient, acute and specialized rehabilitation settings. She is dedicated to bringing a holistic clinical and community perspective to the evolving face of healthcare provision in the modern world. Conde is valued for strong interpersonal and interprofessional rapport building and cultural competency with a special interest in the integration of assistive and adaptive technology into client-centered care.
Tufts University - Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
Columbia University - Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Conduct daily client sessions via telehealth portal to provide consultation on process and usage of rehabilitation technology.
- Steer staff in recurring healthcare and disability sensitivity training
- Stimulate systems coordination and software strategic planning surrounding client experience and accessibility
- Act as product development liaison to ensure patient-centered hardware design and ease of therapeutic application for united states users.
- Cultivate interdepartmental collaboration regarding clinical practice strategies.
- Collaborate with research partners as company clinical rehabilitation expert connection.
Occupational Therapist | Alameda Healthcare and Wellness Center
- Provide occupational therapy services at a 180-bed facility within sub-acute, short and long term rehabilitation units, while maintaining over 85% productivity
- Assess, order, fabricate and augment, orthotics adaptive equipment, DME, seating systems
- Utilize assessment tools including, MOCA, goniometric measurements, MMT, Borg scale, VAS and numeric pain scale, Allen cognitive assessment
- Conducted a large group, inter-facility, interdisciplinary training on topics including transfers therapeutic positioning, orthotics, and self-feeding techniques
Capuchino Therapy Group
Occupational Therapist | CCS Solano County Medical Therapy Unit
- Evaluated the functional capabilities of infants, children, and adolescents with physical disabilities resulting in activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Planned and administered therapy treatments directed toward increasing upper extremity range of motion, muscle strength, coordination of movement; oral motor control, and independent participation in activities of daily living
- Constructed, adapted and/or recommended upper extremity splints and durable medical equipment
- Submit written plans of service to a physician for prescription approval and recertification within the electronic medical record
- Instructed patients, parents, caregivers, and educational providers on home care programs, proper handling techniques and the use of medical equipment to reinforce therapy treatment goals
New England Pediatric Care
Occupational Therapist | Occupational Therapist Fieldwork Student
- Evaluated and provided developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions at a facility serving ages infancy-22 with medically complex physical and cognitive deficits
- Addressed conditions including hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, seizure disorders, myotubular myopathy, Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome, Landau-Kleffner, Dandy-Walker Syndrome, Cockayne’s syndrome, autism spectrum disorders, polydactyly, Angelman’s syndrome, cortical visual impairment, Rett’s syndrome
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Created rubrics, graded class assignments, co-lead seminars, assisted in scheduling guest speakers and held office hours for the required Interactive Reasoning in Occupational therapy semester course
Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
Occupational Therapy Student
- Screened, evaluated and implemented therapeutic care for clients ranging in age from 19-90 in a fast-paced outpatient clinic
- Provided consistent care to patients with Guillain-Barre, TBI, CVA, SCI and a wide variety of musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions of the UE
YAI: National Institute for People with Disabilities
Employment Training Specialist
- Managed a caseload of 20+ adults with intellectual, physical and developmental disabilities through personalized job development and ongoing counseling
- Facilitated and mediated communication between employers, clients, families, and Caregivers
Special Needs Activity Center for Kids (SNACK)
SNACKtivities Art group leader
- Co-designed and lead after school and weekend art curriculum for children ages 3-15 with diagnoses including autism spectrum disorders, PDD, ADD, ADHD, sensory processing/integration disorders, Asperger's Syndrome, and Apraxia
Licenses and memberships
Licensed Occupational Therapist | State of California: #13754
NBCOT | Certification: #310426
National Provider Identifier | #1851789358
BLS for Healthcare Providers | CPR and AED
American Occupational Therapy Association
- Occupational Therapy
- Assistive Technology
- Neville Place Assisted Living Center, Cambridge, MA Jan – May 2011, Co-lead weekly sensory experience groups within a dementia care unit
- Youville House Assisted Living, Cambridge, MA Jan- March 2011, Co-lead weekly computer skills and technology training groups
- Tufts Medical Center Psychiatric inpatient unit, Boston, MA Oct 2011, Shadowed and observed primary OT during individual and group treatments and evaluations. Lead two therapeutic groups under supervision.